Friday, January 8, 2010

Was it worth it?

Yesterday I was driving to a dentists office to fix some things when I happened to look over and see a stream thru the woods that had some clear water, I thought "I should take a picture of that". I pulled over to the side of the road and put on some boots that come almost to my knees because the snow was kind of deep, I went trudging over thru the snow looking for a good place to take the picture from. It seemed to me that the best shot would be from the stream bed so I climbed down the bank and stepped out onto the ice, I figured I was at the edge of the stream so there was probably a couple of inches of water below the ice, I took a couple of steps to get just the right angle and the next thing I knew I was up to the middle of my thighs in ice water. I stood there for a little bit trying to decide if I should take the shot but at the rate my legs were going numb voted against that. I sloshed up out of the stream and up the bank a little bit, my pride would not let me leave without taking a shot, so this is the shot and a couple more for documentation. By the way wearing knee high boots in a stream that is thigh high in the winter when it is 20 degrees out is not recomended, unless you need a way to transport water. This picture also caused me to have to drive home to change my pants before going to work.

the moral of the story: don't wet your pants on the way to work!














































3 comments:

rupe said...

the lesson learned was worth it..... but the picture ????

marla said...

smooth. and so not worth it. and sounds like something my hubby would do...

rachel said...

wow - glad that you weren't in deeper water!